Covid 19 Update: Virtual Run
Corrigan Sports would first like to send our well wishes and gratitude to first responders and frontline workers addressing the COVID-19 pandemic. We appreciate your heroic efforts during these unprecedented times. We are equally grateful to the many volunteers and businesses we’ve witnessed step up to help their communities, and CSE is honored to play our part in that response as well.
CSE has been patiently awaiting making our final decision about hosting the 2020 Baltimore 10 Miler. While we’ve held out hope as long as possible, Maryland, Baltimore and every neighboring state remain under indefinite stay-at-home quarantine orders as a precaution to fight the spread of the virus. Unfortunately, we have no other option but to switch this year’s event to a virtual event.
We’ve exhausted all efforts to try and reschedule the event to later in the summer or fall, but to no avail. Key partnering agencies we rely on to host B10 are understandably not available for the immediate future as they address the pandemic from the front lines. As a result, the city is unable to issue new event permits for the foreseeable future.
We’ve adjusted our plans accordingly, and offer you two options:
OPTION 1: Run the Virtual Baltimore 10-Miler (NO ACTION REQUIRED)
- Participate virtually by running your distance and on your own “course” at your pace on your preferred date in accordance with your local or state social distancing guidelines.
- We encourage our original race date of June 6 to create a bigger sense of community.
- Virtual participants will Receive this year’s Under Armour jacket and race medal in the mail in June without incurring additional charges
- The Under Armour Tech™ fabric is quick-drying, ultra-soft & has a more natural feel. Dropped hem for enhanced coverage and a loose fit. The women’s style has thumbholes. Heather in color, with blocked sleeve detail, and event front logo on the chest
- Our awesome medal design, featuring an African elephant.
- Opportunity to upload race times and photos
- Additional random prizes will be included in mailings such as free or discounted 2021 B10 race entries and merchandise
- A portion of your registration fees will be donated to our official charities (Signal 13 Foundation and the Mark Ragonese Family Trust)
- All entrants will be switched to VIRTUAL PARTICIPANT (unless you choose option 2 below to defer)
- We will send follow up emails to make sure we have your correct premium size and mailing address prior to shipping your packet. You will have until May 22 to update your shipping address and premium size should you need to. To do so, visit HERE
OPTION 2: DEFER MY REGISTRATION (ACTION REQUIRED)
- If you choose not to run the Virtual Baltimore10-Miler, you can defer your entry until next year’s event to be held on June 5, 2021.
- You must make your deferment decision prior to May 22. There is no charge to defer.
- Deferred entries will not receive this year’s race premiums.
- To complete your deferral, follow these steps:
- Log into RunSignup and go to your profile: https://runsignup.com/Profile
- Under the Upcoming Events section, click MANAGE REGISTRATION next to your Baltimore 10-Miler Registration
- Click the DEFER REGISTRATION tab
- Click the CONFIRM DEFERRAL button
- Here is a tutorial with more information: https://help.runsignup.com/support/solutions/articles/17000062915-defer-registration-claim-deferral
Per our policy which every runner agrees to during the online registration & waiver process with a required check box check box, CSE does not offer registration refunds.
CSE appreciates everyone’s patience and understanding as we make difficult decisions that are in the best interest of our runners and for the city as a whole. Stay safe everyone.